Parichay – The Blog welcomes submissions on citizenship and allied issues from students, academicians, law practitioners, historians, political scientists, sociologists, and criminal law enthusiasts. Since the blog aims at sparking and furthering discussion surrounding citizenship on the whole, there is no bar on jurisdiction with regards to the pieces received. However, the blog reserves the right to accept or reject any piece.
We invite contributions in the following categories:
- Short Articles
Authors may submit short articles of 1000 – 2000 words. While we highly encourage compliance with the word limit, the Editorial Board may, in exceptional cases, afford greater flexibility. Articles may deal with the monthly themes followed by the blog or anything which comes under the broad subject of citizenship. All submissions must contain an abstract of 100 to 150 words. These may be accompanied by supplementary multimedia material.
- Book Reviews and Case Comments
Authors may also submit reviews and analyses of any existing literature on citizenship. The word limit for these will be 700 – 1500 words. Please attach a link to the material being analyzed in your review.
- Photo Essays
Author(s) may choose to convey a story via a series of photographs as well. Photo essays must consist of a minimum of 3 – 5 photographs accompanied with a short (<100 words) description of each. An introduction and conclusion are also required for ensuring clarity. Author(s) must specify that they hold the copyright for the photographs, or that the copyright-owner’s permission has been sought and granted.
The blog will also feature interviews with expert practitioners and academics in the area of citizenship and immigration law.
Guidelines for Contributors
- Written submissions must use clear and lucid language accessible to wider audiences, and avoid excessive jargon. Submissions are encouraged to comply with the word limits specified above.
- Please also enclose a short author’s bio with your submission.
- Co-authorship is allowed.
- By sending an article for submission, authors are also agreeing to translation of their works into Assamese and Bengali.
- All articles will be checked for plagiarism, and plagiarised articles will be rejected.
- Formatting and Citation
- The content should be written in Times New Roman font in size 12, with line spacing at 1.5.
- Everything must be in British English – ‘criticize’ will be ‘criticise’, ‘-or’ will be ‘- our’ etc.
- All relevant sources must be duly acknowledged and hyperlinked in the text of the submission itself. Please do not use footnotes.
- Authors are encouraged to provide a relevant photograph (provided they have all the requisite copyright clearances for the same) related to the subject matter of the article for a photographic preview in the post and social media updates.
- How to Submit
Mail your submissions to email@example.com with your name and post title in the subject line in .doc or .docx format.
- Timeline and Procedure
We accept contributions on a rolling basis. We strive to ensure a speedy and efficient review process. We follow a system of two rounds of review by the Editorial Board prior to publication. Authors should be prepared to make suitable changes to their articles as required by the Editorial Board before publication.
Parichay – The Blog does not allow cross-posting of articles. Please note that in the event that a contribution submitted to us has been submitted and accepted by any other Journal or online platform, the author must withdraw their contribution from Parichay – The Blog. If Parichay – The Blog accepts the contribution first, the author must withdraw it from all other Journals and online platforms. Failure to do so will lead to removal of the piece from consideration at Parichay – The Blog.
Submissions not conforming to these guidelines may be returned or rejected. We reserve the right to reject submissions without providing substantive feedback.